Originally, we were two separate congregations from two different denominations who have come together to form a wonderfully exciting and friendly congregation. The present congregation is a result of a merger between:
A. First Presbyterian Church - the building was on the corner of Jory and Robinson in Pen Argyl. The congregation was founded in 1883.
B. Faith United Church of Christ - the present building was home to this congregation which was founded in 1901
On January 1, 1968 the congregations of these two churches formally merged and became known as Faith United Presbyterian Church.